NA1012B-ET | HDMI to 3G/HD-SDI Converter
Nanoconverter HDMI to 3G/HD-SDI with Extended Operating Temperature Range
The NanoConverter NA1012B-ET from AIVION is a very small form factor HDMI to SDI converter module. It is designed for applications where minimum size and a wide operating temperature range have highest priority. For this purpose HDMI input video as well as power supply voltage are supplied over a board2board connector eliminating the need for HDMI and power cables. The converter module can be easily plugged onto system boards having a mating board2board connector available. SDI video output is available on two right angled MCX coaxial connectors.
- HDMI 1.4a video input
- HDMI input over board to board connector
- RGB444, YCbCr444 and YCbCr422 input format support
- Two SDI outputs supporting bit rates due to SMPTE292M and SMPTE424M
- 1.485 Gbps
- 1.485/1.001 Gbps
- 2.97 Gbps
- 2.97/1.001 Gbps
- Video output connectors: 75 ohms MCX jacks
- Native video signal processing and formatting only. No image scaling, no format conversion.
- Power input + 5V up to +15V DC regulated
- PCB dimensions 38mm x 38mm
Supported input and output video formats
- 1080i at 50/59.94/60 Hz
- 1080p at 50/25/24/59.94/29.97/23.98/60/30
- 720p at 50/ 59.94/60
1. NA1012B-ET converts video signals received from a DVI or HDMI source for transmission over an 3G/HD-SDI interface which requires clock signals to be in a well defined range. This might not be the case when standard HDMI or DVI output of desktop computers, laptop computers ot other consumer devices are used as signal source.
The HDMI/DVI TMDS input clock requirements are:
- 3G mode: 148.5MHz or 148.5 MHz/1.001 +/-60ppm
- HD mode: 74.25MHz or 74.25MHz/1.001 +/- 80 ppm
2. The current device version does not support audio.
3. NA1012B-ET does not process HDCP encrypted HDMI input signals.
4. The device detects and measures video input parameter and adjusts all necessary settings accordingly. Manual control is not required. However, the serial control interface can be used for status checking. Terminal software like TeraTerm can be used, whereas parameters have to be set to 38400bps, 8 data bits, no parity and 1 stop bit (8N1). No handshake must be used.
5. Depending on the system configuration and thermal as well as mechanical design of the system board, a heat sink might be required. In such a case the heat sink or heat pipe should contact to one of the devices marked with a yellow square (see images below),
Block diagram AIVION NA1012B-ET
NA1012B-ET Production Kit
- NA1012B-ET HDMI to 3G/HD-SDI Converter Board
NA1012B-ET Evaluation Kit
- HDMI to 3G/HD-SDI Converter Board (NA1012B-ET)
- Evaluation Adaptor (EK-PA-1131)
- USB 2.0 Cable for Power supply and control (TL-EVK-USB2-A-MICROB)
- USB Power supply (5 V/2A or 9V/1,67A) (PS-EP-TA20EWE)
- MCX to BNC connector cable (CK-MCX-BNC)
- High Speed HDMI Cable. HDMI-A male > HDMI-A male 4K 2 meter (TL-EVK-HDMI)
Optional Parts NA1012B-ET
MCX to BNC connector cable
High Speed HDMI Cable. HDMI-A male > HDMI-A male 4K 2 meter Slim Premium